Farewell after 17 years… Barca’s ‘one-club man’ contract renewal rejected

Barcelona (Spain) midfielder Sergi Roberto (30) is in the mood to finish his summer companionship. His contract expires on June 30, but he has not yet signed a new contract. In particular, it is known that he recently rejected an offer to extend his contract.

Multiple media such as Spain’s ‘Marca’ and ‘Sport’ said on the 3rd (Korean time), “Roberto was expected to continue to accompany Barcelona while remaining in the next season. They refused,” they said in unison.

If Roberto does not renew the contract by June 30, it will be parting after 17 years. After growing up after joining the Barcelona youth team in 2006, he made his professional debut in 2011 and has been running as a ‘one club man’ so far. On a first-team basis, he scored 14 goals and 39 assists in 334 career appearances over 12 years.

In particular, during this period, he enjoyed numerous honors by lifting as many as 21 championship trophies, and in the 2014-2015 season, he also played an active role in the ‘Treble (three crowns)’. At that time, Barcelona became champions in the Spanish Primera Liga 먹튀검증, the European Football Federation (UEFA) Champions League (UCL), and the Copa del Rey (King’s Cup).

However, Roberto has been reduced to a backup as his playing time has steadily decreased due to frequent injuries in recent years and a sharp decline in his skills. In fact, he missed the entire season last season due to hamstring and knee injuries, and this season also had a lot of time off due to muscle and shoulder injuries. He played 30 games over two seasons, averaging just 48.6 minutes per game. His offensive points posted 4 goals and 3 assists.

However, Roberto was offered a contract extension because coach Xavi Hernandez (43, Spain) still trusted him and wanted to be with him for the next season. However, contrary to expectations, he is contemplating parting with his stay, but his weight is currently focused on leaving.

‘Marca’ said, “Roberto has rejected the offer of a one-year contract extension. His agent has recently held several discussions with the Barcelona board, but no agreement has been reached. We’ll have to wait and see,” he added.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *